Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tiring day at work

Ah and so it came to pass that my first day of 'actual' work has come to an end...it was a terribly tiring day and not to mention hot and cold (abit more on that in a while). It started at 7am, when i woke up got ready came downstairs for breakfast and left for work...it started of pretty slowly as there wasn't much to do because all the servers were still packed and haven't been brought to the server room. The server room was freezing cold but then again thats how a server room is suppose to be although i would have to admit that i've been in waaaayyyy colder server rooms that the one i was in today.

I managed to fix up a rack server today which is a really big thing for me since i've never done it, now that means i have learnt something new and i could now add that to my resume in the future, this is great my second day on the job and i've already learnt something entirely new to me. Tomorrow i'll be setting up the software and stuff like that this would be really interesting too because i've bever seen or know how to configure a server from scratch so tomorrow is definately a big day. Oh did i mention that i was at a port...i've never been this near to a port ever, too bad i didn't go near the cranes, hrm...then again i don't know if i can go near a crane.

Again i'm really sorry for no pictures i would really love to take some because this place isn't really that bad, although yes it does seem a little bit different from where i am more accustomed to but its really not as bad as i first thought it would be. I feel like as if i'm in a foreign land, hrm...wait then again i always feel that way when i'm somewhere else other then PJ or KL as in someplace where i'm familiar with la. So i guess its no surprise there la. Hrm, well maybe the reason why i'm enjoying my work right now is cause i'm still new la. I'll just wait till a few more months or something then i'll tell you if i still like it, or still enjoying it rather. But apparently my job requires me to travel alot, not necessarily to this side of the country but around the country. My senior (babysitter) said that he hasn't been into the office for 2 months now due to work, well i guess that is something to look forward to la right...or is it?

No comments: