Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hard to make friends?

Apparently i'm a really easy person to get along with, or so i've heard la. People often tell me that after speaking to me or meeting me they feel like they've known me for a very long time, and this often comes from the people of the opposite sex...its strange really cause i don't understand why. The hardest part for me to even try to understand is i don't feel very easy when meeting or talking to people for the very first time...why leh? Well i guess mostly cause i'm a little shy la. I also tend to be very obnoxious and i use an arsenal of vulgarity in normal conversation once i get to know you better (you can ask wimal...lol).

This isn't the first time i've heard it of course, i've heard it twice from the same person and once from another and then from another and then....well you get the picture la right. But i have to admit that i've have change abit since last time when i was extremely shy and i don't talk whatsoever when i meet new people. At least now a days i make an effort to say something, imagine all the courage i had to build up just to say something. I guess the reason for that is because i always want to make a good impression, although i have absolutely no idea how much of an impression i always leave behind but what matters is i tried la i guess.

You could say that i'm not really good at making friends i tend to be a bit reserved in a crowded room filled with strangers. In most cases i would just do whatever it is i have to do there and then immediately excuse myself and proceed to anywhere where i can have more breathing space and be more at ease. However i do make an effort to meet up with friends i guess you could say that its part of my 'building a friendship' plan that i have. I open up easily but i hide my emotions dearly...Seeing all this i still don't understand why people would say that, can you figure out why?

2 comments:

juli said...

whoa, you even have this 'building a relationship' plan...

said...

no la, don't have one...i just don't know what to call whatever it is i do. So i thought i'd just call it that instead.