Saturday, January 28, 2006

Passing time in KLIA

I think todays was a very surprising day. It started out normal just like every other day...me waking up thinking of what i want to do and where to go and eat and stuff like that when i decided to call a friend to ask him for his plans and if hes gonna go out for dinner. Well i called him a little too late cause he was already having his dinner...but then he asked me if i wanted to accompany him to KLIA, and yes that is the airport. In the beginning it really didn't occur to me that he said KLIA instead i thought he said KLCC, so i thought yeah ok why not...after all i need to get some grub right.

A little over an hour or two of waiting and he finally called to tell me that he is on his way, and a good 15 minutes later he arrived. I got in my car and he asked the silliest questions (to me its silly anyway), he started asking me if i knew how to get to KLIA, hrm...now why is he asking me how to get to the airport i thought to myself. And thats when it hit me that the destination is KLIA and not KLCC. The reason for going there was to help send a friend to the airport because she is going back to her home town in Kuching (is it kuching??? damn can't remember must be getting old).

There was a problem though, you see the friend that was flying already has a ticket but the flight was due for a night flight which is a bad thing considering that tomorrow night is the family dinner (make that tonight) and so she had to go early and try to get an earlier flight hoping that some of the people that booked their tickets never came to collect. And so we being the 'nice' people that we are, we accompanied her at the airport for 3 hours plus (I know because the parking machine told me so). Ate my dinner there (very expensive dinner i might add...and thats for KFC), walked around looking for some coffee house or cafe to no avail. Sat down at McD's and chatted until the driver got really tired before we took off.

So in the end it wasn't really too bad, the earliest flight would be about 7am, which isn't that long a wait anymore considering all the time we spent there. If she were to have waited alone from the very beginning then that would be a different story all together la. So today i had a drastic change of environment (in terms of lepak), and i made a mental note to myself...never go to the airport to spend time because everything there is just too damn fucking expensive. And to everyone...

Gong Xi Fa Chai

No comments: