Friday, March 24, 2006

Network? PC? Hardware? Whats Wrong??

Crap i thik i woke up a little too early for my own good today. Yes i know its already most normal people would have woken up and blah blah blah, well i'm not a normal guy ok. Judging from the looks of things now i think i'll definately need to take a nap sometime later in the afternoon, afterall today is a weekend and weekends usually tend to be a longer day...well longer day meaning you wanna do more la, but it really is shorter or feels shorter. I'm sure those that are working will agree with me.

Anyway i have this serious connection problem and i really don't know whats wrong...maybe you some of you out there might be able to help me. Every time i play WoW and i'm doing my own stuff and all that where usually there's no one around, everything will be fine and there won't be any latency issues. But the moment i go near a place where the activity is very high my pc will lag, thats actually very normal considering my pc isn't actually a very good one. However the latency would jump as though the packets were never sent out or something.

I have a problem trying to find out what is the cause of this issue, my best guess would be that everytime the packet size increases all of a sudden the connection will fuck up. But the real issue is if this is a connection issue, pc issue or is it my router/mode/hardware thats causing all problems. I have already updated my drivers...In another similar problem, my pc or my router tends to drop my connection when i overload it with torrents...Like if there are too many connections. And everytime that happens i have to reset my router and modem to get the line up and running again, its just so irritating. Maybe i should just format everything and start up fresh.

No comments: