Sunday, June 19, 2005

Notebook vs. Desktop

Finally brought out my notebook on a proper field test in Starbucks. And it being my new toy, as well as probably the only notebook among my small circle of friends it took all the attention. It was bad enough that starbucks table is so relatively small and everyone was crowding towards one corner of the table just to see what the new notebook was capable of (Hrm, i think i should give it a name...like how Wimal names his notebook, lol). During the first hour there was a problem with the wifi and it took like a seriously long time (and not to mention alot of credits used on phone calls) to fix it. But actually i don't think it was due to me messing with the settings i think that the problem was because the line was pretty fucked in the first place. After finally being able to connect i couldn't do much cause the line was SOOO SLOW!!! Hrm, i'd bet someone was actually hogging the bandwith somewhere or something. Sigh, because of that i couldn't put my first starbucks post. So anyway we were talking and they asked me which is my first wife now? Desktop, notebook or car? I didn't really know how to answer them, cause to me they all have an equal amount of importance. So in the end they concluded that the notebook is my mistress, desktop is my wife and car would probably be just my fuck buddy....hahaha. I shall now relate the conversation between my mistress and my wife:

Desktop: Our owner loves me more.
Notebook: Nola he loves me more leh.
Desktop: Oh yeah, he uses me more.
Notebook: Not really what, i'm always with him when he is out of the house.
Desktop: ....
Notebook: What you jealous is it???
Desktop: Why should i be jealous, i'm more beautiful then you...hmph
Notebook: Thats not true...I'm slimmer and lighter, unlike you so fat.
Desktop: You lie.
Notebook: Come la we test on the weighing machine who heavier.

*Both machines took turns weighing their respective weight.*

Notebook: See told you jor....you are fat and heavy.
Desktop: *Shriek*, this cannot be true....the weighing machine is not accurate i tell you.
Notebook: hahaha, oh but you know its true.
Desktop: NNOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Wah i tell you ar, trying to keep these two happy is so hard...Stress sial. They just keep trying to fight with each other for my attention. Although sorry la desktop you cannot run me apps that i need to use, so i'd probably spend more time with the notebook to finish up my project. Don't be sad though, you'll still be running them torrents as well as WoW if thats any consolation to you.

Notebook: hehehe, i win V(>.<)V
Desktop: *Sniff* *sniff*...you meanie.
Me: Erm...Shit, well i guess i can't argue with that lol.

*Desktop sulks in the corner of the room.*

Aiyak, the desktop go and merajuk....sei lor this time, how to WoW now??? Oh well guess i'll just leave WoW to another day or something. Have a great weekend!!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolz...very funny conversation between ur wife & mistress (desktop vs. notebook)...interesting topic :D guess Eugene will hug his notebook when sleeping...hehe ^-^;

Jae said...

Talking about obsession........