Sunday, June 19, 2005

To that special man in life.

Yawn...yeah you guessed it, i didn't sleep again. Well its all good, this is just to prepare me for the week. You know fix my time so that i can attend classes that i've been missing, lucky i've not missed too many though. Anyway i was over at Kenny Sia's blog and was reading his entry on father's day. For those that haven't been there or read any of his entries i'll briefly sum up what happened (Wah so convenient for you lazy fucks). His father has unfortunately passed away not too long ago, i think it was slightly before i started blogging...sorry i can't really remember dates that well, go on over there if you want to know the details. Anyway i know its a little late but i'd like to sincerely offer you my condolences on behalf of your lost. But keep your head up Kenny, i'm sure you're father up there in heaven is looking down on you beaming proudly at how you've grown to be the man you are today. I must say that he is a very filial son, unlike me...you see every since i was a little boy i never really got to see my dad much cause his work place was very far, so i only got to see him once a week. I believe it is because of that a distance was form in between the two of us. I try to talk to my dad, but most of the time i just don't know what to say to him? Its like we live in two completely different worlds. The last time i remember talking to my dad was when my sister was around, i guess she has this special ability to bridge gaps.

In my opinion it is human nature to neglect what they have, you know like that song 'Big Yellow Taxi' by Joni Mitchell. And i think that is so true, when you have something you will treasure it for awhile la at least...but once we get bored of it (which we will) we just cast in aside without giving it a second look. And when one day when it finally just disappears we start to search high and low, every nook and crany for that one precious thing that we have left to rot somewhere in the corners of our room. Can you even imagine if that precious object had feelings to begin with, what would it have felt when you just cast it away like that. But obviously it doesn't have feelings, the point i'm trying to make is this. Replace the object with someone that you hold dear to your heart or better yet replace the object with someone who holds YOU dear to their hearts. Now imagine how would they feel when you just cast them aside. I'm sure if you were in their shoes you would feel deeply hurt. So take time off from whatever you are doing right now be it work, reading, chatting even sex (yes stop bonking your gf/wife/mistress right now) and tell that one person what a great person he is, for without him in your life you would definately not be the person you are today. Thank him for his kindness, understanding and patience that he has graciously and wholeheartedly given to you. Do it before that person disappears from your life forever (well technically not forever cause i believe that the person will continue living....in you) and you regretting the things you've done, you've not done or the things you should have said or shouldn't have said. Well avoid all those regrets by doing it now, on this special day when the whole world dedicates this day just for that man and all you're regrets will dissolved. So here is my message for that special man.

I know i haven't been the best of sons,
I know i have let you down many times,
Forgive me for a fool i am,
I offer you my thanks for being there,
For supporting me,
For understanding me,
For being extreme patient with me,
For pushing me,
I will forever be grateful to you,
And in my eyes you couldn't have done it any better,
For you are everything a child could ever ask for,
If not for you i will not be who i am today,
For that a special place in my heart you will have,
Happy Father's Day Dad.
Love you!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm...quite touching
"If not for you i will not be who i am today"
Love and respect our parents because they sacrifice alot for us all the time =)
HAPPY FATHER's DAY!!!